Subaru has been promoting their Impreza franchise for a long time now. In their latest WRX structure of cars, this Impreza franchise has been the most popular one. So, the company has decided to cash on this popularity among the crowd, and come up with yet another model from the Impreza brand – the 2016 Subaru Impreza. This 2016 model marks the 5th generation cars from this franchise, and it will make its way in to the market just after the 2015 version finishes off its mid-release cycle of refreshments. This model has been designed exclusively to implement better execution to improved automobile experience.
Subaru has been trying very hard to make sure that they make something which resonates for a very long time in terms of its engine power and deign specifications. This is exactly the case with this 2016 model of Impreza. With their new body detail of WRX, Subaru has made some serious development in to creating a very good body structure of this car. This model was first debuted in the New York Auto Show in 2013, and has been coming out of production since 2014. So, it will be around mid-2015 hat it will finally find its way to a worldwide release. Now, let’s take a look at some of the important features that this car has to offer.
2016 Subaru Impreza Important Changes
There are some important changes that are taking place in this 2016 Subaru Impreza. What are they? Let’s take a look:
- The exterior chassis design is made from the company’s WRX chassis structure.
- This model will also mark the beginning of WRX’s luxury cars – with a longer wheel base design and improved front fascia.
- Front bumper design has been altered, with a little more detail going in to it. In addition to that, it also features new LED style head lights and slightly modified grille design.
- The rear end of this car seems pretty similar to its previous model, although the rear bumper looks slightly raised for extra cargo space.
- Interior remains unchanged, with a few updated features to go, including a new infotainment module, better wireless connectivity as well as improved seating arrangement.
2016 Subaru Impreza Engine Specs
Even though this 2016 Subaru Impreza continues to maintain its standard base model in terms of its engine variants, there are some new things to look forward to in the engine compartment. So, the base engine remains the same – with a 2.0 LITER inline 4 cylinder unit that can produce around 148 HP of max power, along with 145 lbs. feet of torque. New transmission options are present – with the standard 5 speed manual or the optional CVT transmission. Subaru will maintain its standard all-wheel drive train spec for this model. Higher trims might include another 2.0 LITER turbo charged inline 4 cylinder engines with 268 HP of max power and 258 lbs. feet of max torque.
2016 Subaru Impreza Price and Release Date
This model of 2016 Subaru Impreza is likely to cost somewhere around $20000 to $30000 – depending on its trim variant. No release dates have been set yet, but it is likely to release in 2015.