2016 Hyundai ix35 is a compact cross over sports utility vehicle which was first introduced in 2009 at the European Motor Show held in Frankfurt. The model is also known as Hyundai Tucson in South Korea and Hyundai Tucson ix in Columbia. One should note that the model has dedicated manufacturing & assembly units in Ulsan, South Korea; Beijing, China; Cairo, Egypt; Zilina, Slovakia; Bekasi, Indonesia; Nosovice, Czech Republic and Anapolis, Brazil. Other notable partners around the globe include SYM Motors in Taiwan and Hyundai Malaysia which is a fully owned subsidiary by Hyundai Motors. Also, it should be noted that the model was developed under the project code “LM” which took nearly 3 years to be completed.
2016 Hyundai ix35 Design & Concept
2016 Hyundai ix35 was originally designed done by Thomas Buerkle who formerly worked with BMW. The model’s design is based on a unique designing language called “Fluidic Sculpture” – it is characterized by a premium style & feel in addition to having sweeping contour lines, a characteristic of coupes. The next generation model is based on an updated version of the design language called “Fluidic Sculpture 2.0” – which provides it with a more sculpted exterior and prominent character. However, one should note that its exterior has remained pretty much unchanged compared to that of its predecessors.
Prominent exterior elements that have been spotted on the upcoming 2016 Hyundai ix35 include the following:
- It has a well defined single unit radiator grille which is nearly of the same size as that of Hyundai Santa Fe.
- The model has been provided with newly installed LED based head lamps which are relatively larger in size compared to that in preceding models.
- The exterior is furthermore characterized by a very appealing dual tone theme design while the bumper has been tweaked and placed a little higher to suit current design standards.
- One should also note that the vehicle has an extended wheel base that provides it an overall balanced stance which is something that was lacking in previous models.
- Also, it has a redesigned rear end with a relatively round shaped wind screen and prominent tail lamps.
- Another interesting feature is the introduction of brand new skid plates along with high quality cladding that gives it a fuller appearance.
2016 Hyundai ix35 interior is characterized by a standard 3 spoke steering instead of the earlier 4 spoke wheel. Also it has been provided with state of the art technology including GPS tracking, autonomous braking, lane keep assist mechanism etc.
2016 Hyundai ix35 Engine Specs
2016 Hyundai ix35 is powered by a T-GDI 1.6L, turbo charged inline 4 cylinder engine that is capable of generating up to 176PS while its alternate 2.0L diesel engine can produce about 136PS. Both power train have been paired with highly efficient DCT automatic 7 speed power transmission system.
2016 Hyundai ix35 Release Date and Price
The model is expected to make its grand debut at the upcoming Motor Show scheduled to be held in Geneva; however, no price quote has yet been released.